Re: Debian wheezy:machine auto booted after poweroff

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:13:37 +0800, yuanwei xu wrote:

> After upgrade from Squeeze to Wheezy, my notebook always auto booted
> after I shutdowned it using #poweroff in gnome terminal. Sometimes, it
> auto booted in 1 minutes, sometimes in 3 minutes after poweroff. I have
> to  use #poweroff to shutdown it once more, and it wouldn't auto boot
> anymore.
> I tried to go back to kernel 2.6.32-5-686, it didn't have such problem.

So it could be a kernel related issue... There are others reporting a
similar problem:

Computer is not turned off at shutdown

unexpected reboot after rebooting or shutting down from Ubuntu 11.04

> and I compiled kernel using oldconfig of 2.6.38-2-686, the auto
> boot still happened.
> It made me crazy, any advice is appreciated.

Make a quick test: go to "init 1" and try to shutdown from there
(shutdown -h now).