Re: posting

On 06/23/11 at 10:14am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 17:39 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > On 23/06/11 17:02, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > > IMO Digest should be for replies too, not only to lurk the list. You can
> > > read the archive if you only would like to lurk.
>
> > While in your opinion ("IMO") "it should be for replies too" - the fact
> > that it *doesn't work* should be a good reason not to do so. My 2c.
>
> I can filter emails for my client, but not for the provider's server.
> I don't want to receive 800 mails a day, so I prefer digest.

These two desires, to reply to the list and to use the digest format, are
incompatible. I can understand both desires, but you're going to have
compromise one or the other (or continue to earn mistrust on the list by
messing up everyone's threads).

The thing with mail is it involves people other than yourself.. so unlike most
things in free operating systems where you can categorically 'have your own
way', you should do what is best for the group or community. In this case we've
all agreed the best thing is for you to stop replying to digests.

--
Liam