Re: posting

On Jo, 23 iun 11, 10:14:23, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> It doesn't happen that often and usually for this list. If standards are
> that important, GNU mailman would be the better choice to avoid issues.

What standards are broken by SmartList? (exact RFC please)

> Debian isn't fine with Firefox and Thunderbird, hence they change some
> things, add bugs and call it Iceweasel and Icedove. Debian isn't fine
> with GNU mailmen, hence they use another format for the mailing list.

Please don't do that. You sound like a troll and I (still) think you are
not :)

Just for the record, it's Mozilla who doesn't allow Debian to use the
trade marks Firefox(tm), Thunderbird(tm) (and the others), because of
Debian's stable release/security policy.

As for mailman, as others have suggested it's most probably for historic
reasons, one more argument being that alioth is using only mailman for
all lists.

> And now replying to digest is unwanted? What is digest for? For reading
> only? There's an archive, that can be used for reading only.

As already mentioned by others, there are mail clients able to deal with
SmartList's digests. Do yourself a favor and use one of them if you're
so attached to digests (instead of normal subscription).

> Mozilla isn't origin Linux software. I'm using Evolution, it's still
> more buggy than Mozillas are, I can't change this OTOH did you test if
> the reformatted mails are ok when viewing them by Thunderbird instead of
> Icedove?

I doubt there are differences.

> At least my Iceweasel isn't working that good as Firefox does on other
> Linux installs.

You are surely comparing same versions, are you? How about opening a new
thread with exact symptoms :)

Regards,
Andrei