Re: manual wvdial installation

On 23/06/11 03:51, Rohit Vaidya wrote:
> I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can
> do that using windows. But since I don't have wvdial installed in
> debian linux I have to download it from other OS and get it installed
> on debian. The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams ->
> openssl . Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams
> installation gives me an error: configure: error: Required
> /dependencies/ missing: /OpenSSL/>=0.9.7 I understand apt-get is the
> easy way out but without an internet connection its of no use. Is
> there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?
>
> -- Regards, Rohit Vaidya

You don't actually need a dialer to connect eg.:-
# pppd ttyUSB0 460800 nodetach defaultroute noipdefault noauth lock
usepeerdns connect 'chat "" "at" "" "at" "OK" "at&f" "OK" "atz" "OK"
"atdt*99***1#" CONNECT'

Have you tried apt-zip?

Cheers

--
And I'll tell you something, too, that's starting to annoy me about
UFOs: the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and