Re: posting

On 23/06/11 00:05, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2011, at 7:01 AM, lee wrote:
>
>> Hm, I wonder why anyone is going to the lengths of replying to
>> digest messages rather than just subscribing to the list ...
>

> So they don't need to get hundreds of separate messages?!  Most
> people don't treat a digest as separate from a list, just an
> alternate subscription format.

That makes sense, but then you(?) continue...

> It's incumbent on those who own the technology to evolve digests so
> it's easier to reply to individual posts, not on readers to jump
> through hoops to reply.

The meaning of the last paragraph is unclear - was that your intention?

[gently]
It's not immediately clear *who* you're quoting, and please:-
"Wrap your lines at 80 characters or less for ordinary discussion. Lines
longer than 80 characters are acceptable for computer-generated output
(e.g., ls -l)."
ref. http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct
[/gently]

NOTE: I've re-wrapped your original missive.

Cheers

--
And I'll tell you something, too, that's starting to annoy me about
UFOs: the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and