manual wvdial installation

I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can do that using windows.
But since I don't have wvdial installed in debian linux I have to download it from other OS
and get it installed on debian.
The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams -> openssl .
Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams installation gives
me an error:
  configure: error: Required dependencies missing: OpenSSL>=0.9.7
I understand apt-get is the easy way out but without an internet connection its of no use.
Is there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?

--
Regards,
Rohit Vaidya