Re: manual wvdial installation

Rohit Vaidya wrote:
I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can do that using windows. But since I don't have wvdial installed in debian linux I have to download it from other OS
and get it installed on debian.
The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams -> openssl .
Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams installation gives
me an error:
  configure: error: Required /dependencies/ missing: /OpenSSL/>=0.9.7

What level was the openssl deb that you installed?

I understand apt-get is the easy way out but without an internet connection its of no use.
Is there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?

Download the debs and install with dpkg.

Hugo