Re: Question about the new kernel with PAE (Wheezy) - Report

On 22/06/11 12:10, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:16:02 +0200, Alberto Luaces wrote:

Dom writes:

Now here's the thing. I did the install, got the warning from the
meta-package (linux-image-2.6-686), and the kernel installed - as you
said.

I then rebooted and... it works fine.

It happened to me too!

Wow! You both must be the smartest of the classroom :-)

Thank you. I wish I were ;-)

Now seriously, how can be that?

I know there were a set of Pentium M processors models that had enabled
PAE/NX but if that's the case, cpuinfo should expose both flags ("pae"
and "nx"), which is not the case.

Checking on the Intel site ( http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27577 ) shows that my CPU does support PAE, although a message during startup ( Notice: NX (Execute Disable) protection missing in CPU! ) seems to indicate that it doesn't support NX.

--
Dom