Re: Cannot connect to localhost:631

On 15/06/11 13:56, Brian wrote:
On Wed 15 Jun 2011 at 12:38:54 +0100, AG wrote:

I have restarted the CUPS server and can print okay ... just cannot
connect to the server.
CUPS needs a cupsd.conf to run. The file is installed when CUPS is
installed (it is not a binary file). I cannot see how you can get the
server restarted. /var/sbin does not exist on this system.

desktop:/home/brian# mv /etc/cups/cupsd.conf /etc/cups/cupsd.conf-orig
desktop:/home/brian#

desktop:/home/brian# /etc/init.d/cups restart
Restarting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd
Message from syslogd@desktop at Jun 15 13:55:33 ...
  cupsd: Unable to read configuration file '/etc/cups/cupsd.conf' -
exiting!
cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
  failed!

Brian

My bad. Forget that stanza about /var/sbin . I have located it in /etc/cups/cups.conf and elsewhere. Not sure what I was going on about :(

AG