Cannot connect to localhost:631

On Wheezy, I have lost the capability of connecting to the CUPS server via the web-page using localhost:631. The error message is "cannot connect: connection to the server refused".

I have double-checked /etc/hosts and that seems fine, checking the Net for help throws up suggestions on changing a setting in cupsd.conf but the only cupsd.conf file I can find on my system is a binary file in /var/sbin. I also tried system-config-printer but that didn't help.

I have restarted the CUPS server and can print okay ... just cannot connect to the server.

Anything else that I can try?

Cheers

AG