RE: Desktop performance problem

   Something like this can be a nightmare to debug on a mailing list and I'm
no kernel expert. I did see a few notices where Intel recalled some of the
H67/P67 chips due to them being shipped with failing SATA 3G ports. That was
back in Jan 2011 if I read correctly. The 6G ports are fine for all
revisions and if you're using them instead of the 3G ports then it is
completely irrelevant anyway.

  I may be wrong but I don't believe it is a kernel configuration issue. You
should find out what is different between your problematic Debian setup and
the successful Funtoo setup. Find out which drivers are being loaded for
specific devices and get the module version as linked to the running kernel
version, determine Xorg configuration differences, compare hardware device
addresses and interrupt assignments, etc.

Regards,

GlenB