Re: Desktop performance problem

Hi

This can be an I/O and/or CPU problem
As a workaround you can use:
- ionice - get/set program io scheduling class and priority  for I/O problem
- nice - run a program with modified scheduling priority for CPU problem

To adjust scheduling priority of the offending process.

Good luck in you quest :)

Best regards

P.S: Provide more information (logs, dmesg, hdparm test, etc) to help
us to help you

Juan
--
Mi nueva dirección es: - My new email address is: - Mon nouveau email est:
juan@elsotanillo.net