Re: Looking for newbie friendly Howto Debian 6 + spamassassin 3.3.1

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:20:56 -0400, vr wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:08:06 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> Good. Now you can follow with this:
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/README.postfix.html
>>

>  Had found that and been reading.
>  Looks to be similar saying master.cf changes need to be done even
>  though services are already on those ports.

The first to do is is having a running Postfix, that is, that can
send/receive/route e-mails and deliver to your pop3/imap server.

Then you have to put Amavisd-new in between:

Postfix → Amavisd-new+SA+ClamAV → pop3/imap server

Okay, let me take a quick look into my postfix configuration for amavisd-
new... (note that I'm running lenny so YMMV).

1/ Postfix was un-chrooted (in Debian comes by default chrooted, IIRC)

2/ In main.cf:

3/ In master.cf:

smtp-amavis unix -      -       n       -       2       smtp
    -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
    -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
    -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
    -o max_use=20
127.0.0.1:10025 inet n  -       n       -       -       smtpd
    -o content_filter=
    -o local_recipient_maps=
    -o relay_recipient_maps=
    -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
    -o smtpd_delay_reject=no
    -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
    -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
    -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
    -o smtpd_recipients_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
    -o smtpd_data_restrictions=reject_unauth_pipelining
    -o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=
    -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
    -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
    -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
    -o smtpd_hard_error_limit=1000
    -o smtpd_client_connection_count_limit=0
    -o smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit=0
    -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes

4/ With that you will have to start seeing some errors in the Postfix
log, sure, because you will have to configure amavisd-new once
Postfix has been linked with it.

5/ And some additional links I had saved in my bookmarks:

http://www.besy.co.uk/debian/how_to_configure_spam_and_virus_scanning_with_amavis_and_spamassassin
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/focus_spam_postfix?page=0%2C2
http://www.freespamfilter.org/FC4.html
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.postfix
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedInPostfixWithAmavis

They're not Debian-centric but the setup is pretty similar in all
distributions (it can vary one or two things, but the basics remain).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón