Re: Looking for newbie friendly Howto Debian 6 + spamassassin 3.3.1

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:34:14 -0400, vr wrote:

> As the subject says. Findings in Google are dated, talk about creating
>  lots of the config manually and seem wrong based on what I'm seeing on
>  a new installed system.

SpamAssassin configuration varies a lot depending on the partner
application in will run with (meaning the smtp server, antimalware and
any kind of proxy in between, like Amavisd-new).

In addition to this, you also need to deploy a strategy for SA, that is,
will it be run as a system-wide catch-up spam filter or based on a per-
site/per-user basis?

With these premises defined, you're ready to find your "newbie friendly
howto" :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón