Re: Linux for humans that differ to averaged people was - Re: Subscription

On Saturday 11 June 2011 16:42:12 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 10:27 +0100, Lisi wrote:
[snipped]
> >> That is not sarcasm incidentally.  I would genuinely like to know how
> >> you can use braille to read things on the Internet.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refreshable_Braille_display
>

> Literally interpreting your question
> (I used to build machines for people with vision problems)

Thanks, Scott. :-)

I meant it literally.  I had never come across or heard of a tactile computer
display.

I am intrigued that they exist, but the RNIB (Royal National Institute for
Blind people) doesn't sell them and doesn't seem to know about them.

I have googled, but am clearly asking the wrong question.

Scratch that!  I have tried again with Scott's search parameter and have
finally found them mentioned on the RNIB site.  But they are, as you say,
prohibitively expensive.  One is obviously not expected to want them, because
I had even searched the RNIB shop with "braille" and not found displays, only
inputs of various kinds.

There must be some multi-millionaires who are blind!!
Lisi