Re: Linux for humans that differ to averaged people was - Re: Subscription

On Sun, 2011-06-12 at 01:42 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 11/06/11 20:07, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm fascinated.  How do you read braille from a monitor??!
> >

> <snipped>
>

> >> That is not sarcasm incidentally.  I would genuinely like to know how you can
> >> use braille to read things on the Internet.
> >
> <snipped, sorry Ralf>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refreshable_Braille_display

The issue with braille seems to be, that the browser needs to be text
based, some minutes ago a blind man at Linux audio users list mentioned,
that he can't handle flash with his text based browsers, so I guess he's
using brltty daemon. This flash thingy was only for playing a song. IMO
all those java and flash stuff should be baned, if not really needed. I
like to watch youtube, a blind person surely won't watch videos, so it's
okay to use more than just HTML for this usage, but apart from that
nobody really needs all that folderol. Does anybody watch intro videos
on homepages? I always hope that the skip button does his job.