Re: laptop restart eth0 automatically on plugin or on awake like a desktop

On Wed 08 Jun 2011 at 19:02:43 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> I can't tell for sure, but many users are experincing the same problem,
> and not only from Debian but also from Ubuntu and Mint, so...
> casualty? :-)

I'm always more comfortable with specifics.

> Hum... I don't rebember nothing about dhcp or static addressing but
> something about plugging/unplugging the ethernet cable and after that no
> interface coming up.

Why would plugging or unplugging the ethernet cable be expected to
bring the interface up or down? The kernel knows what's going on but,
apart from reporting the link is ready or not, does nothing about it.
As for udev - it produces no event when the state of the cable
connection changes.