Re: [OT] Mice

On 09/06/11 19:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 17:21 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 06/08/2011 06:32 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> [snip]
<snipped>
>> Not the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse.  It's just... a plain old, boring
>> standard sized mouse.
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Basic-Optical-Mouse-Black/dp/B00081N53K
>
> This mouse perhaps fits too my needs. Shit! Is there another vendor,
> than Microsoft selling the same mouse ;)? I would grasp the nettle and
> buy a Microsoft one, if I shouldn't find another vendor selling similar
> mice.
>
> The PS/2 mouse were the mouse wheel using Debian doesn't work, seems to
> be a Microsoft mouse too
> http://www.comresurs.ru/pickat2/31081.jpg
> I didn't know that I was comfortable with Microsoft :D. Oops!
>
> -- Ralf

I can recommend these:-
http://www.genius-europe.com/en/produktdetail.php?ID2=23&ID=24&ID3=56

Definitely work with Linux and BSD. Cheap and they are PS/2.
I have some of the Microsoft mice - they're more expensive, have a
slightly heavier (less flimsy) body, larger pads on the base, a bit
larger, and have a USB connector. They also work just fine with Linux
and BSD - no fiddling needed.

Both mice only need the following if you use an xorg.conf:-

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"