[OT] Mice (was: PS/2 mouse vs USB mouse)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 14:16:33 -0400, KS wrote:

> On 07/06/11 01:52 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> You *like* ball mice?
>>
>> Mine also have such "dinosaurian" piece of hardware ball... and I'll
>> say more, it's manufactured from Microsoft (IntelliMouse 1.3A) O:-)
>>

> Off topic but .... I picked up a Logitech M515 last weekend to give it a
> whirl. USB wireless* mouse with sealed bottom and moves cursor if you
> hold it properly. I do have a roller ball Logitech mouse on another
> machine. It wouldn't take a second if had to change it with an optical
> or more recently a laser mouse.

I still see some disadvantages for laser or BlueTrack based mice:

1/ They do not work on crystal or clear surfaces

2/ I find batteries (even rechargable) a PITA :-)

3/ There are also some security concerns in using wireless for input
devices but nowadays I think the data flow between sender and receiver
units can be encrypted

For sporadic usage or to use with notebooks/netbooks/ipods/ipads/tables,
they can be nice and convenient.

For intensive usage, heck... leave me with my Cherry corded keyboard with
a weight of ~1,8 kg and its characteristic "clack, clack" sound ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón