Re: Re (2): Capability of Iceweasel to open a local file.

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:58:42 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> From:	Camaleon <noelamac@gmail.com>
> Date:	Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:48:05 +0000 (UTC)
>> You mean you want the browser automatically jumps to "file://localhost/
>> home/peter/blah.html" when it cannot reach
>> "http://localhost/home/peter/ blah.html"?
>
> Oops.  An error in my question.  Should have been this.
>
> Suppose there is a Web page containing a link anchored at either
> file://localhost/home/peter/blah.html or file:///home/peter/blah.html.
> Seems reasonable and straightforward for this method of opening a local
> file to work as well.  Does anyone have a helpful pertinent idea before
> a wish report is submitted?

Ah, okay :-)

If I correctly understood what you mean, that should work from local but
I'm afraid that for security reasons it is blocked from remote sites.

Look, if you create a small local html file with this content:

<head>
</head>

And click on the link, it loads the selected file (the uri path needs to
be adjusted, of course).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón