Re (2): Capability of Iceweasel to open a local file.

From:	Camaleon <noelamac@gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:48:05 +0000 (UTC)
> You mean you want the browser automatically jumps to "file://localhost/
> home/peter/blah.html" when it cannot reach "http://localhost/home/peter/
> blah.html"?

Oops.  An error in my question.  Should have been this.

Suppose there is a Web page containing a link anchored at either
file://localhost/home/peter/blah.html or file:///home/peter/blah.html.
Seems reasonable and straightforward for this method of opening a local
file to work as well.  Does anyone have a helpful pertinent idea before
a wish report is submitted?

> I prefer to get an error but it should not be very difficult to implement
> a kind of "protocol manager" extension to instruct Firefox/Iceweasel to
> try with another protocol when "http://"; returns "host not found".

Sorry, my use of "http" rather than "file" was absolutely misleading.
I have no interest in automatic switching of protocols.

Regards,             ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca