Re (3): Capability of Iceweasel to open a local file.

From:	Camaleon <noelamac@gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:13:58 +0000 (UTC)
> ... that should work from local ...

It does; and my interest is to have a menu of frequently used files and
links ... on a Web server.

> I'm afraid that for security reasons it is blocked from remote sites.

I don't understand.  A URI is acceptable in the URI window after being
typed or pasted there.  Why would it be unacceptable in the display buffer?
Both locations are on the local machine.

As I understand, access to a file is determined by checking the identity
of a requester against permissions on the file.  The location from which
the requester retrieved the name, shouldn't be relevant.

This mechanism works as I want in Native Oberon.  Isn't the failure in
Iceweasel just a failure in design or implementation?

Thanks,                ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca