Re: Chromium 11 on Debian 6.0.1 Stable

On 05/25/2011 01:33 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mi, 25 mai 11, 00:21:36, Perry Thompson wrote:

> I think sid is already too far away from squeeze for this. Your best bet
> is to wait for a backport, but this might take a while (it has to
> migrate to testing first).
>
>> "sudo aptitude -t sid install chromium" shows me...
>> http://pastebin.com/6rFGizCA
>>
>> "sudo aptitude install chromium/sid" shows me...
>> http://pastebin.com/LMPtDxLY
>
> Please don't use pastebins, it makes it impossible to inspect the
> outputs if one is off-line and makes it more difficult to quote parts of
> the output in a reply.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Sorry for the pastebins, I thought the clutter would not be welcome.
I'll make note of it in the future.

I still think that this should be possible. I mean, Chrome 11 works from
chrome.google.com, why shouldn't Chromium work? They're pretty much the
same thing, no? Surely there must be some way of doing this.

If there isn't, could someone explain how Chrome is able to do it?

Thank you in advance.