Re: Gnome menu can't update to correct language.

On Mon, 23 May 2011 18:00:06 +0800, spp mg wrote:

> 2011/5/22 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:

>> Does it happen always, regardless the application you install and the
>> method you use (synaptic, command line...)?
>
> I just use aptitude only,but my friend use synaptic with same problem.
> This problem look like happen after "menu trigger", so I think it will
> happen to any installer.

Is your friend also experiencing this behaviour? Then maybe this is worth
reporting :-?

>> I would make some tests:
>>
>> - Try to create a new user account and check if the same happens from
>> there.
>>
>> - After installing any package, restart the gnome-panel (from console,
>> run "killall gnome-panel) and recheck the Debian menu language.
>
> new account : No,It can't solve problem. killall gnome-panel : Yes! It
> solved.  :D
>
> So,It's bug?

I'm not sure to call it a bug (looks like some elements of the panel are
not properly updated/populated) but sure it's not the expected. And given
that this affects to other users and it is 100% reproducible, yes, I
would report it.

> If yes,I need report to "menu" or "gnome-panel"?

I'd go for "gnome-panel".

> comment:
> I don't care English menu,but my friend care. So I ask instead of him.
> And ,thank you.

Debian (and people who works in the translation teams) puts much care on
language and localization so I understand your friends's feelings very
well ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón