Re: Console Messed Up for Nvidia Drivers

Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 14:22:42 +0300, David Baron wrote:

This is a very long-standing problem for both the proprietary and Debian
Nvidia drivers, legacy and current: When switching out of X (i.e.
control/alt/F1), the console font is quite large and the lower half of
each line appears doubled under the line. (In contrast, Nouveau gives a
small screen font.)

It does not happen here. I'm with lenny and using both, the nvidia and nv drivers. In GRUB (legacy) I have appended at the kernel line "vga=0x31A" and fonts under tty console are quite good.

<snip>

Does not happen here either. I use Sid and the nvidia binary driver + kernel line "vga=71".

Hugo