Re: Console Messed Up for Nvidia Drivers

On Fri, 20 May 2011 14:22:42 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> This is a very long-standing problem for both the proprietary and Debian
> Nvidia drivers, legacy and current: When switching out of X (i.e.
> control/alt/F1), the console font is quite large and the lower half of
> each line appears doubled under the line. (In contrast, Nouveau gives a
> small screen font.)

It does not happen here.

I'm with lenny and using both, the nvidia and nv drivers. In GRUB
(legacy) I have appended at the kernel line "vga=0x31A" and fonts under
tty console are quite good.

> Possibly, there is something, harmless to Xorg, that can go into
> xorg.conf to fix this?

Maybe you can use a similar tweak like the one I use (using GRUB's
parameters or by calling "dpkg-reconfigure console-setup"), at least with
the nouveau driver -that uses KMS- setting the desired font should be
fully configurable :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón