Re: So much for Skype.

On 05/19/2011 06:41 PM, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
Hi,

Daniel Andersson wrote:
Trying Ekiga now and I can't get chat to work at all.

I was not impressed I'm sorry to say. But I guess Ekiga's strength is
in calls not messaging. Will maybe try that later on.

I was looking at Ekiga for a client solution, but found that even the
plain old and simple echo test was a failure at the time. I know Ekiga
has been around for a good while and has quite a history, but I expected
better.

My unqualified guess is that Ekiga is too correct on how it connects, while Skype disguise the traffic as HTTP trafic or tunnel it or something similar to get through firewall without any configuration.