Re: CUPS Driver for Epson Stylus NX420 printer?

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 04:50:45PM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> Anybody know what driver I should be using in Debian Squeeze for my
> new Epson Stylus NX420 printer?
>
> There's no NX420 in the list of drivers offered by the CUPS web
> interface.

It's unsupported by free software at the moment.  The gutenprint
driver supports the NX415, which may be entirely compatible, and
it will offer full support when the new model is added.  Note that
this might need the gutenprint from unstable; it will rebuild without
issues for squeeze.

If that doesn't work, Epson provide a proprietary driver (but I
don't think it's that great).

Regards,
Roger

--