Re: So much for Skype.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 02:41:04AM +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Daniel Andersson wrote:
> >Trying Ekiga now and I can't get chat to work at all.
> >
> >I was not impressed I'm sorry to say. But I guess Ekiga's strength
> >is in calls not messaging. Will maybe try that later on.
>
> I was looking at Ekiga for a client solution, but found that even
> the plain old and simple echo test was a failure at the time.  I
> know Ekiga has been around for a good while and has quite a history,
> but I expected better.

I've always found Ekiga's software to be good, but the ekiga.net service
to be spotty.  Somebody recommended iptel.org to me for a SIP account,
and it has been much more reliable that ekiga.net.  However, I should
clarify that I haven't used either service much in the past year, so
things could have changed.

-Rob