libglx-nvidial-alternatives

I installed the Debian nvidia dkms packages. Very nicely done, offered to an uninstalled nvidia's proprietary install and with the magic of dkms, voile.

The thing works 100% !!

But I get the following error:

dpkg: error processing libglx-nvidia-alternatives (--configure):

configured to not write apport reports

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of nvidia-glx:

nvidia-glx depends on libglx-nvidia-alternatives; however:

Package libglx-nvidia-alternatives is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing nvidia-glx (--configure):

configured to not write apport reports

Nvidia's installation places their nvidia-glx and symlinks libglx.so to this in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/. One must dpkg-divert any other libglx.so to avoid needing to reinstall on any xorg core upgrade. I assume that the "alternatives" package is supposed to do the same thing.

However, the Debian installation places the libglx.so version and it symlink in /usr/lib/nvidia/ and since the xorg works fine, I assume this is being used (even though no such path is in the modulepath in xorg.conf nor was an option to place it there offered on the postinstall). Or maybe nvidia's libglx.so is still in extensions (easy enough to test).

Resolution?