Re: Avoid POP3

On Wed, 18 May 2011 16:50:54 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2011 14:57:16 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
>> Pop3 was not designed to keep the messages on the server, having such
>> option is not the norm but the exception (many e-mail server do not
>> have
>
> Cam, if you want to be all Humpty Dumpty about it(0), fine.  Just don't
> expect us to accept your corrupt definitions of words.  If you continue
> arguing that download == download and delete you only undermine your
> credibility in other areas.

Maybe you need to re-read the OP message to reconsider your arguments
about what "download" means in this specific thread. I still don't see
what's the problem in considering that a pop3 account will just download
and delete all the e-mails. If the messages are not going to be deleted,
then the OP would not have any problem, don't you think?

> Accept you lost this argument and cease whilst you're not so far behind.

Don't worry, I understand what are you trying to defend here but I'm
afraid this is not just a wording problem but a conceptual one.

> (0) From 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'; "When I use a word," Humpty
> Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it
> to mean - neither more nor less."

Greetings,

--
Camaleón