Re: Avoid POP3

Ron Johnson wrote:
But that's what IMAP is for. POP is specifically designed as a temporary holding area (like a Post Office Box).

       There are some way to read the mails from POP3 account without
download...maybe a gateway to IMAP...some idea?

Who goes to the Post Office, reads their mail and then puts it back in the PO Box? POP is aptly named.

Actually, I've been known to :-) [most of my mail goes to a PO Box - usually I make a trip to pick it up, but there are times where I'll be walking by the post office, take a quick look for anything important, and leave the bulk of stuff to deal with at another time]

re. electronic mail: I'm all IMAP now, but if you're stuck with a POP only account, it's fairly common to read mail from multiple machines (say a laptop, smartphone, and desktop), but want to download and retain it on only one machine (e.g., one's desktop)

Miles Fidelman