Re: Getting ralink driver working?

> On 05/14/2011 03:26 PM, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> > Hi. I just  installed Testing on a new machine, so it's running
>2.6.38-2-amd64  #1.
> >
> > I cant seem to get my wireless card working at all. The card  is:
> >
> > $ lspci -nn | grep Network
> > 05:00.0 Network  controller [0280]: Ralink corp. RT3092 Wireless 802.11n
>2T/2R PCIe  [1814:3092]
> >
> > The page http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi says that the  RT3092 card is supported
>by the rt2860sta driver, and the wiki page on that  driver says to install
>wireless-tools and firmware-ralink. I did this. But  wireless still doesn't show
>up, ifconfig and iwconfig don't show that any  wireless thing exists. If i try
>to load module directly:
> >
> > $ sudo  modprobe rt2860sta
> > FATAL: Module rt2860sta not found.
> >
> >  even though firmware-ralink is installed.
> >
> > Is there something i  need to do to activeate this card?
> >
> > Thank you and sorry for  newbish question!
> >

> Look  here
>
>/lib/modules/2.6.38-2-amd64/modules.order:kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.ko

Thanks to both people who pointed this out. This module wasnt loaded by default
but it worked with modprobe, so i put it into
/etc/modules and its working now.

The one problem is that i dont see any sign of my 802.11n network. Its only
seeing the 2.4GHz G network. A Ubuntu machine with an Intel 5100

AGN card does see the 5GHz network. But this is probably a different problem so
i will play with it for a bit an ask again in the right thread.

Thanks!

Jen.