Re: Help About Squeeze

On Thursday 12 May 2011 10:20:44 Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> ~$20k can buy you a 2 socket 24 core AMD Magny Cours HP server with 32GB
> RAM, quad GbE ports, a 10 GbE PCIe x4/x8 NIC, LSI's top of the line PCIe
> x8 RAID HBA with 1GB BBWC and 2 SFF8088 SAS ports, two LSI 24 drive 2.5"
> chainable SAS enclosures w/ internal expanders and 48 SAS drives of
> 300GB capacity and 15k spindle speed.

There is an important omission in this statement.  The sentence should
begin "In the USA.....", as should any discussions by USA residents of the
cost of hardware.

Not all of us can buy our hardware in the USA, even if we can afford the
hardware, and prices outside the USA can be (in my experience usually are)
significantly higher.

Lisi