Re: Problem with Konquerer on one site

On 05/11/2011 04:34 PM, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
11/05/2011 22:03, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2011 14:58:51 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 05/11/2011 02:13 PM, Camaleón wrote:

What?? I doubt Opera cannot make landscape printings :-O

(...)

If you can't change from portrait to landscape, being that the page
options selections are grayed out, how can it?

   opera 11.10.2092 on sid

Let me check this on wheezy and Opera 11.10 downloaded from the Opera
site... hum, yes, you are right, it is disabled :-?

I even get disabled the option to select the paper size! This has to be
some kind of bug in Opera, for sure, because this is the only app where
this happens.

(I've also checked at the Opera's hidden printer settings -about:config-
but there is no option to select the page printing layot, how bad ;-()

[snip]

Greetings,

How you guys doing it ? I just retried and I can print from Opera 11.10
(2092) on Debian Wheezy/Sid amd64 in landscape mode, to PDF file or real
printer !

I downloaded the debian opera package when I was having problems with iceweasel. The "Page Setup" tab options are all grayed out, so I can't select landscape printing. I googled the problem and found mentions of that problem dating back to 2009.

When the print dialog box pops-up I have an "option" button in the down
left, this doesn't give an option to print in landscape mode, but at the
upper right there is a "properties" button adjacent to the (virtual or
not) printer selected. This one allows me to choose landscape mode.

We must be running different versions. When I select Print, the printers are all there and above that there 5 tabs. General/Page Setup/Job/Image Quality/Advanced. The only tab that is not functional is the Page Setup tab, all the others are functional.

Maybe this has something to do with using Opera in KDE vs Gnome, or the
way the printer is set up ?

That might be it.  I use the fluxbox WM.

Wayne