Re: Problem with Konquerer on one site

On 05/11/2011 02:13 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2011 17:16:09 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 05/10/2011 04:17 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2011 14:41:43 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

Hi Guys

     I am unable to get konquerer to display the Maps at
<http://www.jonassan.org/maps/>.
<"http://www.jonasson.org/maps"; :-)

No,<http://www.jonassan.org/maps/>.  Which works in iceweasel. :-(

Oops! Then sorry. I tried the above site and it did not work for me (I am
running Iceweasel 3.0.6 from lenny) so I -wrongly- thought that the URL
was mispelled ;-(

<--SNIP-->

What?? I doubt Opera cannot make landscape printings :-O

(...)

If you can't change from portrait to landscape, being that the page options selections are grayed out, how can it?

 opera 11.10.2092 on sid

I say this because if you are experiencing any problem with a site
while using Konqueror, most sure there is something that is not of the
like of the browser, probably some javascript routine or a HTML tag
that is not "standarized" and needs the "quircks" of the browser to get
the page load as the "webmaster" expect.

That is why I asked if anyone using konq could check the link for me.
:-)

Thanks again for all that tried to connect with Konqueror and reported the same results as I have here.

I brought konqueror up in xterm and there are a bunch of problems listed
like:

kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_klauncher.so
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kded4.so
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method
KUniqueApplication::loadCommandLineOptionsForNewInstance() kdeinit4:
preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.so kbuildsycoca4
running...
kbuildsycoca4(1778) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType
in "/usr/share/applications/grace.desktop" is not compliant with XDG
standard (missing trailing semicolon). kdeinit4: preparing to launch
/usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kconf_update.so Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/kio_file.so

No Javascript errors though.  Guess I can forget about using Konq as
well.  I do not want the baggage that installing KDE would bring in.

Baut can you browse another site with konqueror or is just the one you
mentioned which fails? :-?

Just the one site I asked about.

Thanks again

Wayne