Re: Fwd: Re: [OT] Re: Defending yourself

Lisi wrote:
It is list policy not to send private replies to list mail. And I thought that it was rude of you to email me privately, not to mention unpleasant.

What you say is untrue. The code of conduct clearly states the following:

"Do not quote messages that were sent to you by other people in private mail, unless agreed beforehand."

I did not agree beforehand for you to quote my message.

It would be kind of you to apologise. It is generally considered bad nettiquette to send private emails to a mailing list and this list does not appear to be an exception.

In addition when replying the person's private email is copied in the "To:" not the list's address. In my experience this generally means a conscious decision was made to encourage replies to go to the individual instead of the list.

Best regards,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/