Re: How to install using apt-get from local .deb files without Internet OR how to bypass sudo apt-get update

On 2011-05-09, Narendra Sisodiya <narendra@narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:

> To install vim-gtk, I am first downloading all deb package (and not
> installing it.)
>
> mkdir -p vim-gtk
> mkdir -p vim-gtk/partial
> sudo apt-get -y -o dir::cache::archives=3D./vim-gtk install --download-only
> vim-gtk
> sudo rm vim-gtk/lock
>
> Now I am copying this folder and another system which do not have Internet.=
> .
>
> so on system 2, I am running following commands..
>
> cd /media/usbdrive/vim-gtk

Use dpkg-scanpackages (which is in package dpkg-dev).  See
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-basico.en.html#s-dpkg-scanpackages

Try adding line:
deb file:/media/usbdrive vim-gtk/
to /etc/apt/sources.list .  Then in /media/usbdrive as root type:
dpkg-scanpackages vim-gtk /dev/null | gzip > vim-gtk/Packages.gz
aptitude update

Then you can use aptitude to install the packages.