What happened to OpenOffice 2.4.1?

What happened to OpenOffice 2.4.1? Where can I get the *.deb file for it?

I know OpenOffice 2.4.1 is from Debian's Lenny branch, which is now oldstable. However, version 2 of OpenOffice is substantially lighter than version 3.

I'm working on the creation of the new version (0.1.0) of Swift Linux, which is based on antiX Linux. For all previous versions, I had no problem with OpenOffice 2.4.1. But when I try to install OpenOffice 2.4.1 now, apt-get and Synaptic can't find the *.deb files.

If you're wondering why I'd offer pre-installed OpenOffice in Swift Linux, the idea is to save users the time of having to download OpenOffice and change the file associations. While pre-installed OpenOffice means a bigger ISO file, at least the process of downloading an ISO file is passive and can be done unattended.  (Those who don't like OpenOffice can use Diet Swift Linux, the base edition of Swift Linux.)

Pre-installed OpenOffice broadens the appeal of Swift Linux. One group I'm appealing to us Puppy Linux users who use OpenOffice.

I'm also appealing to the low-end Ubuntu and Mint users. Anyone scraping by on 512 MB of RAM will soon be cut off due to the ever-growing system requirements. Both Ubuntu and Mint come with OpenOffice pre-installed and still fit on a CD. Pre-installing OpenOffice in Swift Linux provides one of the major Ubuntu/Mint selling points.

The reasons why Swift Linux needs OpenOffice 2.4.1 and not version 3 or LibreOffice are:
1. Swift Linux is designed to work on 10-year-old computers. Thus, this is a lightweight distro, with only 128 MB of RAM required and 256 MB of RAM recommended. In the speed department, Swift Linux is designed to compete with Puppy Linux, not Ubuntu Linux and Linux Mint. The purpose of Swift Linux is to provide fast operation like Puppy Linux, a large repository like Linux Mint, and the user-friendliness of both.
2. LibreOffice and the newer versions of OpenOffice take up more space. This makes it hard to keep the Swift Linux ISO under 700MB so that it fits on a CD and doesn't require a DVD.
3. LibreOffice and the newer versions of OpenOffice require more RAM. 128 MB is enough for OpenOffice 2.4.1, but LibreOffice and the newer versions of OpenOffice require at least 256 MB of RAM, with at least 512 MB recommended.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>