Re: ReiserFS: "filesystem is not clean" after a kernel update

El 2011-05-09 a las 09:30 -0400, Brad Alexander escribió:

(sorry Brad, I completely missed your e-mail)

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 08 May 2011 14:29:12 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

(...)

> > > Last, why haven't you migrated that guest (and all such systems) from
> > > ReiserFS to EXT3/4?  Hans is in prison.  Reiser4 still isn't in
> > > mainline.  The number of eyes currently on Reiser3 code can easily be
> > > counted on one person's fingers and toes, maybe just fingers...
> >
> > ReiserFS is a filesystem that I've been using since my first linux
> > installation (that's 8 years ago) and have been working rock solid on all
> > the machines (servers, workstations and desktop computers). True is that
> > all the machines are properly backed by UPS units but this filesystem has
> > been recovering very well even when the computers had to be reseted or
> > powered down in a not so nicely manner.
> >
> > In brief, I like ReiserFS and the only thing that refrains me for keeping
> > using it is that, AFAIK, nowadays is only receiving patches (no new
> > features) in the mainline kernel.

> I have also noticed on my workstation (running sid) that each reboot all of
> my reiser3 filesystems replay the journal. I figured it was just that
> reiser3 is getting long in the tooth. I was waiting for btrfs to "get
> there," but lately have been considering just switching to ext4...

Thanks for the advice... yep, I'm also waiting for btrfs to be in fit
and stable enough to start using it as a replacement for ReiserFS but
well, these things go slow. In the meantime, I'll keep ReiserFS as much
as I can :-)

Back to the thread subject, it seems the problem has dissapeared by
itself. After a cold start, the message was not present neither after
some "forced-by-me" restarts, the filesystem was marked as "clean" in
all the attempts so I'll just keep an eye over it and should the issue
returns I'll post back with the full logs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón