Re: /etc/resolv.conf file is empty

On Sun, 08 May 2011 22:27:40 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Sunday 08 May 2011 18:49:27 Camaleón wrote:
>> Good. And I'm so sorry for NM but is nothing but a headache
>
> If NM ever gets installed by default, the first thing I do is purge it!
> ;-)

I don't like the idea of not having it installed.

There can be some programs that directly (or indirectly) depend on it or
need it and the most important, as I see it, in the event there is a
problem with the old network management system (ifup) if you have NM
installed you can still configure the network.

I see NM as a kind of fallback network system manager that is better
having it installed _but_ disabled :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón