Re: /etc/resolv.conf file is empty

On 08/05/11 17:53, Camaleón wrote:
<snip>
Ensure:

- There is a static "/etc/resolv.conf" file not pointing to nothing (if
not there, recreate one)

Can you clarify this suggestion please. Do you mean that the /etc/resolv.conf must *not* be pointing to something or *must* be pointing to something (as in a symlink)?

The present listing is:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 94 May  8 16:38 /etc/resolv.conf

I can't see any evidence that this is a link, but how can I double check?

- NM service is not starting at booting

I have disabled it as per your previous instruction.

- There is no trace of the resolvconf package

Now deleted/ purged
And reboot.

If the file is still being deleted I would open a bug report because
that's not a normal behaviour (nor for squeeze, wheezy or sid, I'd say).

Hmm ... that's *not* reassuring :-)

Cheers

AG