Re: Loss of connectivity on recent testing updates

On Sat 07 May 2011 at 03:21:39 +0100, AG wrote:

> After trying #dhclient eth0 there was no output, but I can now access
> the Internet.  When I rebooted the machine to double check, the Net was
> inaccessible.

There is an implication here you are using a wired connection. Is that
correct?

> Is there someway that I can set this up so that this is automatically
> configured at boot time?

There should be.

> As an aside, this is a recent re-install and the network was configured
> manually during that process, not through Network Manager.

This implies you are using ifupdown to manage the interfaces.

> Thanks for any advice on getting this set up to access the Net upon boot up.

As root, edit /etc/network/interfaces to have

   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback

   allow-hotplug eth0
   iface eth0 inet dhcp