Re: Need /etc/apt/sources.list

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 15:28, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Still is for me.
>
> It works here but anyway, you can use a TinyURL decoder:
>
> http://kiserai.net/turl.pl

Still 500. That's a server error, not a network error. I'm surprised
that it works for anybody. All I can think of here is geographic load
balancing, and my geographic server must be down.

>>>  Please post a direct link.
>>>

>> A direct link to what? I don't need this third-party irrelevant company
>> knowing where I browse, furthermore I don't need to follow a blind link
>> to goatse.

I thought that you were asking me for a direct link to some website
backing up my viewpoints against using URL shortening services. You
had removed the preceding > sign of the text, so I thought that was
your text.

> Well, Dotan, nowadays those URL shortening services are very popular and
> despite we like it or not (I barely use them) if someone here (I think
> this mailing list can be considered as a trusted source) sends you a link
> with information to your issue it's not very polite to reply in the way
> you did.

Word documents are also very popular. If someone were to format his
reply in a Word document and send it to the Debian list do you not
think it to be appropriate to teach them the error of their ways? Or
is popularity vindication for error here?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com