Re: Need /etc/apt/sources.list

On Fri, 06 May 2011 14:02:47 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:57, Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> The tinyurl server is giving a 500 error. Why on earth would you add
>>> an unreliable, third-party link to the already fragile chain of HTTP?
>>
>> It didn't then and it doesn't now.
>
> Still is for me.

It works here but anyway, you can use a TinyURL decoder:

http://kiserai.net/turl.pl

>>  Please post a direct link.
>>

> A direct link to what? I don't need this third-party irrelevant company
> knowing where I browse, furthermore I don't need to follow a blind link
> to goatse.

(...)

Well, Dotan, nowadays those URL shortening services are very popular and
despite we like it or not (I barely use them) if someone here (I think
this mailing list can be considered as a trusted source) sends you a link
with information to your issue it's not very polite to reply in the way
you did.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón