Re: who creates 'dev/mapper/vgHDB-HDB9'?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: who creates 'dev/mapper/vgHDB-HDB9'?
- From: Martin <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 22:29:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Hugo Vanwoerkom <firstname.lastname@example.org> schrieb:
> I have installed lvm2 and created pv's, vg's and lv's. E.g.:
> I have a question: who creates exactly those /dev/ entries?
> The reason I ask is that sometimes with mondorescue they are not created
> and I cnnot access the lv's.
I don't know mondorescue. To access lv from my rescue system (grml) I
use the following commands:
This creates the /dev/mapper/ entries - and is what is done in debian's
lvm2 init script.