Re: who creates 'dev/mapper/vgHDB-HDB9'?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: who creates 'dev/mapper/vgHDB-HDB9'?
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:11:42 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Hugo Vanwoerkom <firstname.lastname@example.org> schrieb:
I have installed lvm2 and created pv's, vg's and lv's. E.g.:
I have a question: who creates exactly those /dev/ entries?
The reason I ask is that sometimes with mondorescue they are not created
and I cnnot access the lv's.
I don't know mondorescue. To access lv from my rescue system (grml) I
use the following commands:
This creates the /dev/mapper/ entries - and is what is done in debian's
lvm2 init script.
That's exactly what the mondorescue init script does but in some cases
this does not create the /dev/mapper/ entries. I'd sure like to know
why. I have a hunch that it is not able to create the lockfile.