Re: specific kernel configuration for graphic card driver

Thanks for providing me the links and information.

Part 1:

last time I tried that one (install from squeeze one), it popped some
errors like:

$ more /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.831.2/source ->

DKMS: add Completed.

Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel.  Skipping...

Building module:
cleaning build area....
cd /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.831.2/build; sh make.sh --nohints
2-nhg --norootcheck.....(bad exit status: 1)
[Error] Kernel Module : Failed to build fglrx-8.831.2 with DKMS
[Error] Kernel Module : Removing fglrx-8.831.2 from DKMS

Deleting module version: 8.831.2
completely from the DKMS tree.

Part 2:

Later my collage told me to build the sid one. I downloaded, but met
the dependency problems.

 the org-video-abi-8

which needed update the xserver-xorg-core. But I met the conflict of
updating the xserver-xorg-core sepearately, it would remove lots of
other packages. so I just gave up.

Part 3:

Is it possible to update xserver-xorg-core from stable one to unstable
one? without something I worry that I can't handle.

Thanks and best regards,