Re: Sending from newsreader

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 23:14:25 +0200, Siard wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Yep, I guess multi-featured clients like Thunderbird/Icedove/Evolution
>> will do the same way :-)
>
> You apparently missed Florian's and Sven's posts. News servers like
> bofh.it mangle Reference headers, so threads are broken anyway and
> replying to news messages by mail is not the way to go.

Yes, I read it... and they are correct.

In this concrete case (Debian ML) we need a gateway to send/receive the
messages coming from/to the mailing list and Gmane is used here as a
"glue" to pass the messages and so breaking the threading but in a pure
newsgroup (e.g. if there exists a "news.debian.org" server), I guess
there shouldn't be any problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón