Re: Sending from newsreader

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:02:21 +0200, Siard wrote:

> Op Sun, 24 Apr 2011 Andrei Popescu wrote:
>> On Du, 24 apr 11, 13:18:25, Siard wrote:
>> > I'm following this list through the newsgroup using Sylpheed.
>>
>> Which newsgroup? Make sure it's using a bi-directional gateway (like
>> gmane does).
>
> linux.debian.user.

Which server uses that? Gmane's is "gmane.linux.debian.user"

> I replied to Camaleón's post using Gmane, but as I understand, posting
> for the first time may take some days before being accepted.

You first need to reply to the Gmane authorization e-mail. Once Gmane can
verify that you are a human and not a robot (aren't you a robot, right? :-
P), then you can start sending messages normally.

> I have tried to reply to your post using Pan, but then I got the message
> below.

(...)

That reply seems coming from another host... this list is not moderated,
you can post/reply messages without the need to be subscribed.

> BUT I found that if I move your post from the newsgroup in Sylpheed to a
> mail folder, I can reply from there, while the 'In-Reply-To' and the
> 'References' in the headers seem OK, so the thread is not even broken.
> It looks like I've found another way to take part in this mailing list
> without being subscribed, and without using Gmane.

Yep, I guess multi-featured clients like Thunderbird/Icedove/Evolution
will do the same way :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón